Following on from my list of must have holiday gadgets (Blog here) I have created my list of EveryDay Carry (EDC) Gadgets, the things that I need to take everywhere with me, almost like little electronic comforters!
To start, the case to hold my gear…
A simplistic idea, a fold up/wrap up gear case complete with adjustable retaining strap that I picked up from Amazon for under £10 (available here) and inside it's ever growing list of items –
- Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Powerbank – My 2 year old powerbank that is still going strong, a credit to Anker.
- Anker Lightning Cable – A cable that shows Apple how to actually make lightning cables.
- PortaPow Fast Charge cable – This cable is used for charging only and you can never have too many lightning cables in your kit!
- 2 x USB to Mini USB cables – a lot of my devices use these and always handy.
- USB to micro cable – I'm not a fan of the micro cables, I find them to easy to damage and a number of times I've fixed bent ports for people where they have forced them in upside down.
- 3.5mm stereo to stereo cable – A backup for connecting your device to your BT speaker.
- Apple Earphones – Not everyone likes to listen to what I'm watching/listening to so these work well for me, plus they came with the phone so why not use them? I might get the wireless ones eventually, but as I only have 1 working ear it's a bit pointless!
- eBuyer 8GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive – This is technically a Kingston Data traveller, but with eBuyer branding.
- MicroUSB to lightning adaptor – A backup to the backup of the lightning cable, I orginally bought this so I would have one cable (micro) with different adaptors for all the devices, but the cat took a fancy to them as play things!
- 3M sticky pad – odd I know, but useful for sticking things down if you want to take a photo or 2!
- Spare MicroSD memory card for my backup Samsung Camera
And then there are the couple of devices not in the case, but in my STM Trust Shoulder bag, mine is in olive green, which as pointed out does have a slight WWII look to it but I like that, plus it allows me to fill it with various bits and bobs that I end up needing. Not all that exciting, but useful such as my notebook and Fisher Spacepen, Samsung Camera and my EDC 20-in-1 tool (Just to see how long it lasts!)
Running two blogs (this and behindthegeek.me) means that I'm always on the look out for new things to blog about and take photos – after all, a picture paints a thousand words*
*Even though it paints a thousand word, don't submit pictures in an essay and quote that – Lecturers don't see the funny side.
Anker – https://www.anker.com/
STM Bags - https://www.stmgoods.com/
eBuyer - http://www.ebuyer.com